Top Summer Activities in Whistler
The snow is melting, the birds are chirping, and the flowers are starting to bloom. Sumemr has finally arrived in Whistler! If you're looking for some fun activities to enjoy this season, look no further. We've put together a list of top sumemr activities in Whistler. There's something for everyone, from hiking and biking to golfing and skiing! So what are you waiting for? Get outdoors and start enjoying all that spring has to offer!
1. Hiking: Whistler is home to some of the most beautiful hiking trails in the world. With stunning views of the mountains and valleys, it's no wonder why so many people love to hike here. There are trails for all skill levels, so whether you're a beginner or an experienced hiker, you'll find a trail that's perfect for you.
2. Biking: Spring is the perfect time to dust off your bike and hit the trails. Whistler has something for everyone, with over 200km of mountain biking trails. From easy green runs to challenging black diamonds, there's a trail for every type of rider. So grab your helmet and your bike and hit the trails!
3. Golfing: Whistler is home to two world-class golf courses - the Nicklaus North Golf Course and the Chateau Whistler Golf Club. If you're looking for a challenging round of golf, look no further than these two courses. With beautiful views of the mountains and valleys, you'll be sure to enjoy your round of golf.
4. Ziplining: Look no further than ziplining if you're looking for an adrenaline-pumping activity. Whistler is home to some of the best ziplines globally, so if you're looking for a thrill, this activity is for you. With breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys, you'll be sure to enjoy your zipline adventure.
5. Whitewater Rafting: Whitewater rafting is the perfect activity for those looking for a wet and wild adventure. With over 12 different rivers to choose from, you'll be able to find the perfect river for your skill level. So grab your life jacket and get ready for some fun!
6. Horseback Riding: Look no further than horseback riding if you're looking for a relaxing activity. With beautiful views of the mountains and valleys, horseback riding is the perfect way to spend a spring day. There are several stables in Whistler, so you'll be able to find the perfect horse for you.
GuidedBy is a community builder and part of the Glacier Media news network. This article originally appeared on a Glacier Media publication.
Trail Mix - Things To Do & See [In & Around Whistler]
It’s a testament to Whistler, and the people who have long called this place home, that the town dreamt up as the ultimate...
Summer Hikes in Vancouver: A Detailed Guide
If you're looking for a great way to take in the sights and sounds of summer, consider going on a hike. Vancouver is home to...
5 Stretch Exercises to Ease Your Back Pain
Back pain is problematic for many people, and it may be especially cumbersome for individuals who work from home on their...
Whistler is bracing for a busy season beyond the ski area boundaries. The backcountry is beckoning like never before as skiers...
Four Decades of Telling Whistler’s Stories
For a Whistler photographer, few things beat landing the coveted front cover of a ski magazine. Greg Griffith knows. SKI,...
BBB counts off the 12 scams of Christmas
With the Christmas shopping season in full swing, the Better Business Bureau has released its annual list of the top 12...
5 ways to experience Desolation Sound
Sponsored Content Go Cruising The 4-night Desolation Sound Wilderness Discovery Cruise is a sensational experience unlike...
8 awesome things to do in Whistler besides ski and snowboard
While skiing and snowboarding are a great deal of fun, Whistler offers a plethora of fun activities that you must try. From...
BC AdventureSmart encourages chasing waterfalls — safely
In her 15 years with the AdventureSmart program, B.C. executive director Sandra Riches said the severity of waterfall-related...
Canada has one of the most powerful passports in the world, report finds
The Henley Passport Index has released its third quarter ranking of the world’s most powerful passports and Canada ranked among...
Do couples still do date nights? They should if they want to last
My sensible wife reminds me that Valentine’s Day is only a Hallmark holiday – a day when florists are overwhelmed selling roses...
‘Dreams of Tahiti’ cruise one for the bucket list
It’s hard to describe all of the colours of the ocean surrounding the Society Islands, an archipelago in French Polynesia...
Escape to Whistler
Handcuffed inside a jail cell, joined by my husband, his daughter and her family, we began a frantic search for the keys we...
Family-friendly beach destination stretches along the shoreline of the Salish Sea
Once upon a time, when our son was much younger and so were we, there was a quirky, one-building grocery shack with goats...
Luxury and eco-wilderness adventures meet in Haida Gwaii
When I set off for a five-day trip to the new Ocean House Lodge in Haida Gwaii, I was expecting a luxurious eco-wilderness...
Meet the one-stop booking experts for Whistler Blackcomb
Sponsored Content While planning a vacation can be a fun and exciting exercise, it helps to know what to do, where to stay,...
Rome's treasures revealed on foot, by bicycle
Like hordes before us, we entered Rome through its northern gate. We had rented a terrace apartment in an old marble-filled...
Sailing down the Seine on the ‘Scenic Gem’
Is Benedictine really a secret elixir originally created by a 16th century monk? Or was Alexandre Le Grand, the wine merchant...
Supporting moms through prenatal and postnatal workouts
There are many challenges to exercising and eating well during pregnancy, from morning sickness in the first trimester to...
The best of Huntington Beach -- in 36 hours
Set against a backdrop of 10 miles of pristine white-sand beaches, part of the draw of Huntington Beach CA is that...
The ‘Uber’ of private jets? Canadian pilot brings private air travel to the masses
Is it the ‘Uber’ of the private jets? Not exactly — but Jettly, a web and single app charter booking platform that...
The ultimate guide to the most remarkable summer hikes and trails in B.C.
If you live in Vancouver, you’re acutely attuned to the changing of the seasons. The cold, wet winters let up slowly: sunny...
This activewear brand is giving away free men’s workout tees
Sponsored Content Vancouver-based Strongbody Apparel is back at it again, this time giving away men’s workout tees. Having...
This B.C. hike takes you through a network of mysterious tunnels
Built in the early 1900s, the Othello Tunnels were constructed by the Canadian Pacific Railway to link the Kootenay Region with...
This B.C. hotel ranked #1 in all of Canada
U.S. News & World Report revealed a list of the best hotels in Canada and a B.C. hotel claimed the top spot. Known for...
This B.C. suspension bridge soars 2,000 feet high in the mountains
If you feel intense trepidation upon crossing the Capilano Suspension Bridge, the Mount Nimbus Suspension Bridge might not be...
This jaw-dropping frozen lake in B.C. has the longest skating pathway in the world
While it isn’t uncommon for a lake to freeze over in B.C., not all frozen lakes are created equal. Take, for...
Vintage hotels double as city tourist attractions
Hotels that have been around for 80 years or more can cost a fortune to keep in good condition, but owners say they are proud...
Winter offers a whale of a time on Maui
Maui is a thief, so naturally alluring that only when back home do you realize something is missing in your life. Not...
Your guide to houseboating on Lake Mead
Looking up from the top deck of our rental houseboat on Lake Mead, the night sky above us was alive with stars — thanks to a...
Landslide Lake offers breathtaking views on Vancouver Island hike
Cradled below towering mountains at the centre of Vancouver Island is a lake whose name tells the landscape's...
BLOG: Here's why our kids need more time to play
On a visit to the small Texas town of Amarillo last year, I attended the World Championship Ranch Rodeo - a global gathering of...